Shoulders, Arms and Wrists
This series of stretching and strengthening exercises will help to improve the mobility of your shoulders, arms and wrists. Each video covers 1 specific exercise and the suggested number of repetitions, or duration of time is written above the video. Start with doing these exercises 2 to 3 times per week, and as you improve in strength and flexibility you can do these every day. It is important to challenge yourself while at the same time honoring your limitations. You may feel some discomfort during the exercises and soreness the next day but as long as you are doing the exercises safely, persevere through the discomfort and gradually increase your mobility over time.
Keep track of your progress! Download the Progressive Mastery Worksheets by clicking here and set your mobility goals for this week.
"A journey of a thousand miles starts with just one step"
1) Shoulder Rotations: 10 - 20 repetitions
2) Shoulders - Internal / External Rotations: 5 - 10 repetitions
3) Elbows behind, Elbows in front: 5 - 10 repetitions
4) Releasing the Shoulder Blades: 5 - 10 repetitions
5) Side Stretch and Twist: 10 - 30 seconds
6) Chest Stretch: 10 - 30 seconds
7) Wrist Stretch: Hold for 10 - 20 seconds.
8) Forearm Stretch - Hold for 10 - 20 seconds