Head, Neck and Upper Back
This series of stretching and strengthening exercises will help to improve the mobility of your neck, upper shoulders and upper back. Each video covers 1 specific exercise and the suggested number of repetitions, or duration of time is written above the video. Start with doing these exercises 2 to 3 times per week, and as you improve in strength and flexibility you can do these every day. It is important to challenge yourself while at the same time honoring your limitations. You may feel some discomfort during the exercises and soreness the next day but as long as you are doing the exercises safely, persevere through the discomfort and gradually increase your mobility over time.
Keep track of your progress! Download the Progressive Mastery Worksheets by clicking here and set your mobility goals for this week.
What you will need:
- Theraband - stretchy strap
- Tennis or racquet ball
- Rolled up towel
"A journey of a thousand miles starts with just one step"
1) Neck Mobility: 5 - 10 repetitions
2) Shoulder Rolls: 5 - 10 repetitions
3) Elbows behind, Elbows in front: 5 - 10 repetitions
4) Chest stretch with thera-band: 5 - 10 repetitions
5) Massage between shoulders with ball: 5 - 10 repetitions
6) Massage back of neck with thumbs: 5 - 10 repetitions
7) Massage side of neck with knuckles: 5 - 10 repetitions.
8) Correcting Neck Posture: - Hold for 10 - 20 seconds
9) Neck Roll with Towel: 30 - 60 seconds